Construction Equipment Fire Outside Margaret Ave PS

Dear Margaret Avenue Families,

I am writing to let you know of an incident that happened in our school today.

This morning, a piece of construction equipment located near, but outside the school, caught fire. The fire alarm was pulled and the school was promptly evacuated. Students who were outside on a nutrition break were moved to the field and out of danger. The fire department responded and the fire was quickly extinguished.

Once the area was determined to be safe and the air quality was checked, students were allowed to return to their classrooms. There were no injuries as a result of the fire.

We would like to thank our students and staff for acting quickly and safely evacuating the school, and the fire department for responding and keeping our school community safe.

If you have any questions about the incident, please do not hesitate to contact me at school.

Silvana Hoxha
Principal, Margaret Avenue Public School